About Me

My photo
Welcome to my blog! I am excited to share my journey with you towards completing my Multiple Subject Teaching Credential at NDNU. I am hoping to become a Kindergarten teacher in the near future.

Friday, January 28, 2011

RSS Feeds

I really like the RSS feeds.  I never knew it existed until last night's class.  It is a great way to streamline information from the internet into one location.  It is better than trying to remember all my favorite sites or having a long list in my bookmarks.  I agree with many people that there is an overwhelming amount of information on the internet.  The RSS feed is a great tool to compile information from my favorite websites.

I subscribed to websites based on some personal interests and some on professional interests.  "Engage in professional growth and leadership" is one of the standards in the NETS for teachers.  RSS feed is a great way to stay updated on current news and research in the field.  However, the information is only as good and through as what I choose to subscribe to.  Therefore in order to stay on top of current and new information and research, I would still need to continually navigate through the overwhelming information and websites on the internet to add to my RSS feeds.  Additionally, in order to keep it streamlined and not overwhelmed with information, I would need to be careful and not subscribe to too many sites or stay subscribed to everything.  I need to unsubscribe to sites that no longer have relevant information or interest to me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment